(Snr) Application Delivery Engineer, Systems Delivery – Virtualisation, Server, Networking, Application
£40,000-£55,000 + Bonus + Benefits (depending upon level of experience)
My client is a leading provider of online digital ecommerce and entertainment on a global scale.Based in Manchester City centre, they offer excellent exposure to cutting edge technology within a first-class office environment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Planning and delivery of complex system upgrades and ongoing maintenance
- Analysing services and making service improvement
- Maintaining uptime, capacity and availability of all platforms within the remit of the team
- Troubleshooting and resolving service affecting incidents and problems.
- Responding to technical issues escalated to the team and restoring services
- Creating and maintaining systems, configuration, processes, test and project plan documentation.
- Performance optimisation analysis and tuning.
- Experience and knowledge of application virtualisation technologies, such as Microsoft App-V, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and AppSense.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Working on highly available large-scale enterprise platforms.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Windows Server, Windows Desktop and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of ITIL principles
- 5 weeks per annum plus public holidays
- Private pension contribution
- Gym membership
Systems Delivery – Storage, Backup, Virtualisation, Server, Planning, Resource Management