Business Intelligence Developer – York
BI Developer, SQL, Kimball, Cognos, Data Warehouse, Data Developer, SQL, ETL
£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
My client is a leading commercial retailer headquartered in York. They are looking for experienced Business Intelligence Developers to join their existing Data team.
You will be responsible for supporting the Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Reporting functions. You will contribute to the design and development of Data Warehouse, ETL Processes and Reporting systems using IBM Cognos.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design and develop reliable and performant BI solutions to support the organisations reporting needs.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary business intelligence team including developers, quality assurance and business analysts, providing support and assistance where appropriate to other areas within the business
- Work with DBA’s to ensure that the data warehouses are tuned for optimal performance, scheduled tasks are executed correctly, and that data integrity is maintained.
- Assist database administrators and the security team in the implementation and enforcement of security policies.
- Liaise with business stakeholders where appropriate to demonstrate reporting prototypes and understand requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational databases in an ETL context is essential, ideally covering multiple products for example, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Must have strong commercial experience of designing, implementing and maintaining Kimball architecture data warehouses.
- Understanding of the full SDLC using Agile or Lean methodologies is desirable.
- Experience of reporting using IBM Cognos 11 would be beneficial.
30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 5% bonus, 5% pension
Business Intelligence, BI Developer, Cognos, ETL, Data Warehouse Design, Datawarehouse, Data Developer, SQL, Data Analysis, Querying, Reporting.