- Reporting to the Head of Media Strategy, the Campaign Planner supports in the strategic media planning of campaigns and high profile brands
- Responsible for the detailed planning of marketing campaigns, using earned and paid opportunities
- Responsible for applying the principles of media planning, marketing and advertising, and using all available audience data to create audience focused campaign plans.
- Coordinate, track, optimise and evaluate campaigns.
- Facilitating communication with internal and external partners on key projects.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for the implementation of partnerships across digital publishers for key campaigns.
- Line manage a Media Coordinator.
- Responsible for converting campaign strategy into clear and detailed campaign media plans, integrating paid, owned and earned into broader timelines.
- Ability to communicate plans to different stakeholders across Marketing, Creative and Digital Strategy and Publishing, both internal and external.
- Have an awareness and understanding of audience behaviours, putting the audience first and creating considered audience journeys.
- Liaise with Marketing and Creative to advise on creative marketing content to best suit the media campaign requirements.
- Support the Media Coordinator to ensure the right creative assets are delivered on time.
- Oversee the Media Coordinator in the buying of social and digital promotion.
- Liaises with broadcast partners to ensure integrated plans.
- Manage unavoidable late changes to campaigns.
- Responsible for monitoring campaign performance and optimising.
- Provide post campaign evaluations and reporting to enhance future campaign activity.
- Analyse and apply media research to provide audience focus to whole planning process.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Significant experience in media planning working within an advertising, media or integrated marketing agency or in house.
- Experience of planning and buying social campaigns.
- Experience of defining, co-ordinating and communicating promotional strategy.
- Experience of managing interactions with senior managers.
- Knowledge of audience trends and ability to analyse data, interpret and apply media research.
- Knowledge of television / radio/digital audience planning and evaluation systems.
- PC literate, particularly with Powerpoint and Excel.
- Interest in and knowledge of television and digital content.
- Excellent time management, very organised and able to work to deadlines.
- Highly numerate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- People management skills.