SQL Database Team Lead
Keywords: SQL Server / Database Developer / TSQL / SSIS / Team Lead / Technical Lead / DBA /
My Client has a requirement for a talented IT professional, to work with one of Britain’s most technically challenging IT environments. The basis of the role entails supporting the Database Manager to maximise the productivity and quality of delivery for the SQL Database team, working alongside the existing Team Leaders.
Applicants will be talented and experienced SQL Server Team Leaders or current Technical Leads, who will be keen to take on a role which incorporates additional accountability and responsibility for people and team management. Although the role is hands off and focuses largely around people management, a deep technical ability and strong understanding is required in order to lead projects and implement technical solutions. A proven and exemplary development background is absolutely essential.
This is a Team Lead role to work alongside a team of 10+ SQL Server professionals to produce very high performance database systems in an extremely transactional e-commerce environment, utilising staggeringly large data volumes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the work of others.
- Participating in technical decision making.
- Review\QA of database solutions.
- Helping to implement efficient development processes within the team.
- Day to Day governance of Database Development in a "hands off" capacity.
- SQL Server development work when time permits.
- Enthusiastic individual with experience of working in a technically challenging, fast paced environment.·
- Excellent common sense oriented organizational skills.
- Effective figure of authority able to motivate others.
- Ability to show initiative in gathering requirements and proficiency in complex database solution development\supervision (from informal specifications).
Technical Requirements (Essential)
- Experience of large transactional databases (300GB+).
- Excellent TSQL.
- Good knowledge of the SQL Database Engine.
- Good performance tuning skills (experience of Query Tuning, Indexing, Locking etc.)
Technical Requirements (Advantageous but not essential).
- Exposure to replication, SSIS and SQL Reporting Services.
Salary and How To Apply
My Client is looking to pay between 55-65k, benefits include an annual bonus, car allowance, life assurance, free gym, critical illness protection etc.
To apply press on the “apply now button”, or alternatively send your CV directly to myself at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: SQL Server / Database Developer / TSQL / SSIS / Team Lead / Technical Lead / DBA