Software Developer in Test (permanent)
You will be required to devise suitable tests for the backend engineering team, ensuring the quality KPIs are identified, monitored and adhered to as part of all changes to the backend services.
Ensure the clients are protected against backend service updates by providing full test coverage through ownership and maintenance of an automated test framework that sits between the clients and server to ensure the contract between the two is met, providing manual and exploratory testing where necessary to ensure release quality.
Promote a healthy culture to quality within the team by ensuring quality KPIs are met and that product quality becomes a collaborative effort across everyone involved in delivery.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a test engineer
- Minimum of 2 years testing experience of backend services and APIs
- A good understanding of client/server architecture and contract style testing
- Solid experience of the RestAssured testing framework
- Experienced in Postman collections that can be run via Newman as part of the build tool and continuous integration
- Strong understanding of GitHub source control
- Proficient JAVA programming/scripting experience
- Good practical experience of JIRA
- Experience with test case management tools such as TestRail
- Ability to communicate and influence at a technical level to resolve and highlight risk on defects and releases
- Ability to communicate and report on a business level quality KPIs
- Experience with SQL and databases querying
- Ability to build test plans against product requirements ensuring 100% test coverage against releases
- Familiar and understands the difference between SCRUM/Kanban
- Experience with testing mobile and desktop products
Desirable Skills & Experience
- RestAssured, Dredd or other language agnostic test frameworks to validate API description documents against backend implementation of APIs
- Swagger/OpenAPI or APIARY
- Containers (docker)