DevOps Automation Engineer
DevOps, Automation, Sys Admin, Open Source, Automation, Scripting, Python, Bash, Ansible, Kubernetes, Containerization, Jenkins, Docker, Open Shift, Open Stack
Competitive Salary + Benefits
My client is a leading provider of online digital ecommerce and entertainment on a global scale. Their infrastructure environment is enterprise scale with close to 20,000 servers and a Petabyte of storage, supporting high-availability systems, 1 million concurrent connections at any one point across multiple global locations.
Overview We are looking to build and scale an Automation capability within both our DevOps and Platform Delivery functions. Automation Engineers will collaborate closely with colleagues in Software Release, SRE, Platform Delivery (Networks, Database and Systems) and IT Services to increase levels of Automation and Tooling with a particular focus on cross-team processes and services to help drive forward our vision for a modern, flexible set of platforms We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and continue to break new ground in software innovation.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Working with automation and orchestration platforms (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins), to automate manual activity and processes.
- Working with varied teams to consume and/or build APIs for their services in end-to-end department wide processes.
- Collaborating with colleagues across Infrastructure to determine requirements and solutions, to solve problems and progress work.
- Must have experience working in either an Infrastructure team (Network, Server) or a Software Development team.
- Strong working knowledge of automation tooling and best practice.
- Experience with Automation and Orchestration platforms (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins).
- Experience and knowledge of Windows and Linux operating system stacks.
- Solid understanding of automation principles and tools such as Git, Jira, Docker, Ansible, Artifactory, AWX, Jenkins, Chef, CI/CD.
- Experience in collecting and visualising metric and log data using tools such as Splunk and Elastic.
- Experience building and consuming APIs.
- Excellent issue investigation and diagnosis abilities.
- 5 weeks per annum plus public holidays
- Private pension contribution
- Bonus Scheme
- Gym membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
Sys Admin, Open Source, Automation, Scripting, Python, Bash, Ansible, Kubernetes, Containerization, Jenkins, Docker, Open Shift, Open Stack