Head of Platform Operations
My client is an innovative and niche organisation within the Travel Industry, specialising in the delivery of bespoke and unique holiday packages through a network of travel entrepreneurs.
The business is ready to shake off the shackles of the Covid-19 pandemic and begin their next stage of growth and transformation which will see them aim to achieve £2billion + revenue and double in size their technology teams.
Reporting to Chief Technology Officer you will oversee the use, performance and availability of technology throughout the global organisation. Working in collaboration with business colleagues and stakeholders to innovate, propose and shape new tech investment, define projects and deliver digital, application and IT solutions.
This is a newly formed role within the digital and technology leadership team and will play a major part in setting vision and strategy across the business.
- Own and develop the IT strategy to deliver the vision and outcomes aligned to the transformational goals and objectives outlined to the company strategy
- Deliver IT project management and business change on a transformational scale, managing stakeholder relationships, communications and project delivery across a matrix organisation
- Accountable for IT service delivery and performance, leading a Service Desk which services >2000 colleagues and over 6000 devices
- Provide strong IT thought leadership to enhance the business processes and performance
- Create best practice, ensuring compliance and effective risk and cost management
- Leverage innovation and technological improvement to deliver strategic and financial outcomes
- Promote new opportunities to exploit leading edge IT solutions to derive ROI and growth from public cloud and SaaS solutions, appropriate cyber security and ITIL best practice in service delivery
The right person
Cultural fit is important, and the right candidate should be entrepreneurial, pragmatic and a hands-on Enterprise Architect with a strong understanding of consistently changing technical environments.
You should have experience of:
- 8+ years of experience working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects
- Passion for technology and best practice
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Strong technical understanding of legacy technologies and cloud services/microservices
- Strong stakeholder management skills – ability to work at board level in a professional manner
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration and further details or send your CV for review.