Infrastructure Engineer, Stoke-on-Trent
Sys Admin, Windows, Automation, Scripting, Python, Bash, Ansible, SAN, VMware
My client is a leading provider of online digital ecommerce and entertainment on a global scale. Their infrastructure environment is enterprise scale with close to 20,000 servers and a Petabyte of storage, supporting high-availability systems and 1 million concurrent connections at any one point across multiple global locations.
You will be responsible for supporting a large scale and complex infrastructure environment, utilising a broad range of technical skills and methodologies to ensure the delivery of best in class technical solutions.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- The provision of scalable and maintainable Infrastructure utilising defined technology and meeting pre-agreed requirements.
- Provide technical solutions and designs, utilising existing and emerging technology
- Seek creative & commercially viable ways to leverage Open Source solutions.
- Own technical solutions from design through to implementation.
- Strong experience & knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems including Red Hat
- Strong knowledge of one or a combination of Virtualisation, Storage, SAN, Backup and Recovery
- Knowledge of automating infrastructure solutions and scaling using tools like, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge and experience of scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Golang, Shell
- Version control management systems knowledge (Git, SVN, etc).
- 5 weeks per annum plus public holidays
- Private pension contribution
- Bonus Scheme
- Gym membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Income Protection Scheme
Sys Admin, Linux, Windows, Storage, SAN, Automation, Scripting, Python, Ansible, NetApp, VMware