Infrastructure Project Manager
£55,000 - £60,000 + Bonus/Car allowance + Benefits
IT Project manager, Transformation, Transition, Sever Migration, Windows 2008/2016, Linux, UNIX, Redhat, RHEL, Centos, Platform, Datacentre, DevOps
My client is a leading provider of online digital ecommerce and entertainment on a global scale.Based in Manchester, they offer excellent exposure to cutting edge technology within a first-class office environment.
You will be joining a pre-existing Project Management function but in a new and growing team. The role will be responsible for leading on new technology introduction, legacy platform migration and datacentre transformation.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Taking full ownership of running projects from initiation through to delivery and closure within agreed timescales.
- Having full responsibility for ensuring all projects are resourced, planned and controlled correctly, using the tools necessary to manage scope, time, risk and quality.
- Working with business and IT stakeholders to define scope and solutions of projects, whilst resolving issues as necessary.
- Ensuring relevant project stakeholders are engaged appropriately.
- Working directly with appointed technical leads and project team members to provide support and direction as required, contributing towards overall project objectives.
- Following delivery, providing lessons learned and activity-based actions to improve the department's delivery capability.
- Managing changes in scope and priorities in an effective and controlled manner.
- Familiarity in dealing directly with technical functions, including architecture, database, network and security, infrastructure platforms, IT operations, software development, test and release management.
- Broad knowledge of project management terminology, tools and techniques.
- Pragmatism to the delivery approach, giving real consideration to the best and most efficient way to plan and release solutions.
- Understanding and experience of a variety of test approaches (functional and non-functional).
- Ability to plan and balance priorities whilst working towards deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills through usage of a range of styles, tools and techniques to ensure communicative clarity.
IT Project manager, Transformation, Transition, Migration, Windows 2008/2012, Linux, UNIX, Redhat, RHEL, Centos, Platform, Datacentre, Infrastructure, Networks, DevOps
Please contact Tom Elliott for immediate consideration or forward your CV for review.