Infrastructure Team Leader, Systems Delivery – Storage, Backup, Virtualisation, Server
£50,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
My client is a leading provider of online digital ecommerce and entertainment on a global scale.Based in Stoke-on-Trent, they offer excellent exposure to cutting edge technology within a first-class office environment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Being responsible for team resource management, ensuring that key responsibilities, staffing levels and on call schedules are maintained while implementing continual improvement.
- Ensuring effective leadership skills through delegation to balance workloads and provide staff development and motivation opportunities.
- Assisting with the interview process, motivation, performance management, conducting regular 1-2-1’s, objectives alignment, skills development and disciplinary procedure.
- Providing mentoring and coaching to engineers within the team.
- Ensuring all staff are appropriately trained and skilled through a skills matrix.
- Ensuring teams have enough resource capacity to deal with the business demands.
- Measuring, managing and maintaining momentum of delivery activity.
- Demonstrable background in planning, coordinating, scheduling and execution of managed technical works.
- A technically strong understanding of modern datacentre technologies and infrastructure systems.
- Can add value and alternative views to problem solving bringing disparate groups together.
- Self-motivated technology professional with the drive to succeed and desire to progress to a management path.
- Ability to manage in a pressured environment and pressured situations.
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly.
- 5 weeks per annum plus public holidays
- Private pension contribution
- Gym membership
Systems Delivery – Storage, Backup, Virtualisation, Server, Planning, Resource Management