Java Developer – London (West End)
My client a market leading global organisation require a Java Developer to join them on a permanent basis. Joining an existing team, this role is for a server side developer with the remit to create and update existing systems. You will also be responsible for maintaining the legacy system, which you will help phase out over the next year. My client encourage their developers to be polyglot developers, who embrace learning and contributing in the most suitable technology for the problem. They use Agile methodologies to deliver high-quality software with frequent incremental releases of software.
My client place an importance on using modern software engineering techniques and technologies. They support the teams to continuously improve their practices, processes and skills. This includes an emphasis on learning and development with regular training sessions, and a focus on topics such as software performance and TDD.
- Collaborates effectively with other team members
- Work with your own initiative and are accountable for your deliverables, within the team's guidelines
- Can estimate and agree deadlines, and deliver work within these whilst communicating impediments early
- Embrace best software engineering practices and tools; TDD, CI, SOLID etc
- Understanding of software development life-cycle, Agile software design principles and build processes
- Core server side Java 8 development
- Spring framework
- Robust code tested with good development testing practices, such as unit and integration testing
- Relational databases and SQL
- Build tools, such as Maven
- RESTful services
My client offer excellent career progression and development opportunities so for further information and immediate consideration please send your CV to email@example.com