Junior SQL Support Engineer
SQL Development, SSRS, SSIS, Excel and PostgreSQL
My client is a well-known, global entertainment business based in Stoke. They are looking for a Junior SQL Support Engineer, you will investigate any incidents that occur and escalate where necessary.
The team works with technologies such as MSSQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, PostgreSQL and Excel.
- Identifying and explaining why specific data has been returned by a business process by using a variety of techniques on a number of disparate technologies.
- Investigating failures in processes, typically SQL agent jobs or stored procedures.
- Analysing and interpreting a wide range of different data relating to customer accounts, banking transactions and gaming accounts.
- Documenting incidents and contributing to the team's knowledgebase.
- Using the ticketing system for incident management and resolution.
Preferred skills and experience
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and process
- Methodical thinker with strong attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Technical knowledge of SQL and/or other database systems
- Ability to operate independently and in a team environment
Please contact Tom Elliott for further details or forward your CV for immediate consideration.