Network Operations Manager
Location: City of London
Salary: up to £68k +blue chip benefits
Our client a well-known high street bank are looking for a Network Operations Manager. The purpose of this role is to deliver great service to their customers, both internal and external, through strong technical operational management and support of the Network Infrastructure BAU&RUN team. It is responsible for the Operations and Support of the Network services across multi-vendor products and platforms. Technologies include: ACI, F5, Palo Alto, Cisco Network & Security, Symantec, DDI, Wifi, Cloud.
Reporting into the Head of Data Centre Networks & Communications, as the Network Operations Manager you will come from an environment where you have supported the technologies above and complimentary network technologies, for an organisation with multiple locations and more than 5000 employees. You will also have proven problem solving skills and have contributed to delivering significant operational improvements. You will be managing a team of Infrastructure network and network security analysts/SME’s, both internal and vendor resources.
Key accountabilities include:
- Be the primary point of contact for vendors/partners relating to Network Operations, Support incident, problem and change.
- Attend change forums on behalf of network teams.
- Responsible for planning and managing EOL hardware and software across the Network and Security Infrastructure, including refresh and enhancements of Network Infrastructure services in line with the Network Architecture teams roadmaps and standards.
- Act as an escalation point for MIM/L2-L4 Support, both internal and external.
- Review and make recommendations in the scope of third-party services and contracts, working with the Head of Networks.
- Take inputs from Capacity Management “Internal & External”, ensuring effective planning and execution of capacity upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation of Networks working with outsources partner, including technical debt remediation and ongoing enhancements.
- Ensuring Network services are ready for production through oversight of business as usual projects changes, run the bank changes and strategic core changes.
- Manage Network & Security patching across the Infrastructure aligned with the outsourced partner.
- Responsible for operational stability of Infrastructure area, providing input to RCA’s with Problem Management, and accountable for remedial action in line with outsources partners.
- Consult on efficiency/optimisation of Infrastructure and ensuring that systems are being proactively managed and maintained.
- Analyse and proactively manage network capacity and improvement plans across the production Network & Security infrastructure.
Skills and Experience required:
- Proven experience in leading a Network Operations and Support functions
- Proven experience working within 24/7 financial operational environment or similar
- Proven experience coordinating and taking a lead role in managing a small a team of technical SME’s and Analysts.
- ITIL Knowledge
- Certification Track Record with one or two vendors
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast changing environment
- Able to make clear decisions and judge the complexity of issues when considering escalation