QA Manual Exploratory Tester
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 + Benefits
Location: Solihull, Birmingham (2 Day Office Based Per Week)
As an Exploratory Tester,you will be responsible for the manual testing of both core in house product and bespoke customer driven solutions. While not directly a customer facing role the individual hired would be expected to talk with customers to understand testing scope and requirements.
- Strong understanding of QA principles and approaches. Experience of independently producing test plans and scripts from specifications with appropriate coverage.
- Experience of using test management tools such as Microsoft Test Manager or similar.
- Web Applications
- SQL Server experience
- ISEB/ISTQB qualified
- C#.Net, Cypress.IO and SpecFlow knowledge is desirable as my client is looking to start an automation project in the next 18 months
- Own features and guide the testing at an appropriate level.
- Review functional specifications and decide/agree on appropriate testing scope and approach.
- Create test plans and scripts and execute tests following the planned approach while capturing evidence of outcomes.
- review and organize test scripts that can feed into automated tests.
- Raise bugs, track them and test them together with any impact testing.
- Set up appropriate data for testing scenarios
- Provide support to internal support team and to customers where needed
- Create and update relevant help documentation and internal user guides
- Become an expert in the core functionality and train and share knowledge with team members
- Ensure that all requests are carried out in a professional, disciplined, efficient and process-oriented manner
- Follow best practice guidelines, peer review the test plans of others and develop a strong knowledge of the product and domain.Help evolve the team’s processes and policies
If this opportunity is of interest or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on 01614166524 or email@example.com
C#.Net, Cypress.IO, SpecFlow, Postman, SoapUI