Senior Network Engineer, Manchester City Centre
Cisco, Networking Engineering, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, OpenStack, VMware, Kubernetes, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
My client is a leading provider of online digital ecommerce and entertainment on a global scale.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Working in a project lead capacity for business led or infrastructure led projects.
- Supporting the team in a 3rd line capacity including incident and major incident management.
- Looking to continually improve the service in relation to your technical domain.
- Raising awareness via the change management processes relating to touch points where changes to the network may have an impact on other dependent services.
- Having a detailed understanding of the architecture of your technical domain and how this is configured to produce the current operational posture.
- Actively leading investigations into the root cause of service impacting issues working directly with our incident and problem management teams.
- Carrying out mentoring tasks to other team members in order to assist with their technical development.
- Liaising and facilitating successful relationships with other teams across the business.
- Representing the Network Engineering Team in technical capacity in forums for work being coordinated across teams within the business.
- Commercial experience in an equivalent network engineering related role
- Experience with software defined networking and affiliated technologies to support modern platform stacks such as OpenStack, VMware & Kubernetes
- Experience automating networking infrastructure and solutions at scale using tools such as Python, Ansible and Jenkins
- Strong automation experience
- Project delivery experience
- 5 weeks per annum plus public holidays
- Private pension contribution
- Bonus Scheme
- Relocation assistance
- Car Allowance
- Gym membership
- Life Assurance Scheme - 4 x basic annual salary
- Income Protection Scheme
Cisco, Networking Engineering, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, OpenStack, VMware, Kubernetes, CCNP, CCNA, CCIE