Our client is currently engaged with another public service body to investigate potential mitigations to the risks of “deepfakes”. Specifically, scenarios where nefarious actors create fake content that looks like it comes from a public organisation with significant amounts of public trust. Such content can cause significant erosion of public trust and cause reputational damage to those organisations.
My client is looking to create a prototype that proves technical feasibility and an interaction model between video distribution platforms and broadcasters. We will take this prototype to those platforms as the start of an effort to get widespread adoption.
Software Engineer Requirements
In order to progress the prototype with their colleagues, my client is looking for a full-time developer to build phases (which will evolve as we move through the project). Ultimately, the measure for success will be a working demo and documentation that my client can take to the video distribution platforms.
If the prototype is unfinished by the end of 6 months, a decision will need to be made to terminate or reduce our involvement of the project, or further extend the contract of the developer, or some look into some other resourcing option.
Server-side or “backend” software development expertise in any of:
- Java / other JVM languages
- Operations experience - using Linux and command line tools to install, deploy and maintain software
- AWS deployment experience
- Motivation to develop a solution in isolation (i.e. there’s no team of other developers that this person would join)
- Ability to collaborate remotely with other people working in another time zone
- Video fingerprinting experience
- Machine learning (video) experience
- Youtube integration experience
- Facebook integration experience
- Twitter integration experience
- OAuth integration experience
- DeepFaceLab or other Deepfake generation tool experience