Service Desk Engineer - Stoke-on-Trent
Service Desk / ITIL / Technical Support / 1st line / 2nd line / Open Ticketing
My client is lookig for an enthusiastic, focused Service Desk Engineer with an eye for detail who is knowledgeable and has a genuine interest in all things PC and software related.
The client is a 24-hour business and always have employees on site and so we need our technical support to be on hand too. You will be covering a 24/7 shift pattern in this role.
The day-to-day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges.
Preferred skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- Concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-managed with ability to work unsupervised.
- Quick to learn.
- Commercial experience working in a service management function.
- Ensuring that phone calls and emails are dealt with promptly to provide the best possible service to the business.
- Logging all tickets for incidents or requests that are reported.
- Ensuring that first line incidents are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Ensuring that second line incidents are investigated and promptly escalated where required.
- Proactively managing open incidents, working with 2nd and 3rd line teams to gain the fastest resolution based on incident SLA.
- Providing remote support and fixes.
- Providing administrative support to ensure systems are maintained and escalating any resulting issues.
- Maintaining and administering user accounts, ensuring users only have access to what they require in order to fulfil their roles.
Please contact Tom elliott for further details or forward your CV for review to firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Desk / ITIL / 1st Line / Technical Support