Software Release Automation Engineer
Git, TFS, SVN, Python, Ruby, Powershell, Linux
My client are looking for a Software Release Automation Engineer who will take responsibility for providing technical direction for the ongoing development of automation infrastructure across their complex technical environment.
The Software Release team supports the Software Development function and will deal with the delivery of bespoke applications from Software Configuration Management (SCM) through to release into Production. The team is also responsible for Test Environment Management, Release Management and the support and maintenance of the appropriate source control and orchestration tools/applications.
Preferred skills and experience
- Knowledge of automation products and experience in at least one product.
- Commercial experience working in a release/deployment/automation function.
- Experience of Continuous Integration.
- Commercial experience of version control software; Git, Mercurial, TFS, SVN.
- Experience with multiple scripting languages; Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Groovy.
- Excellent working knowledge of TSQL.
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experienced in change control and governance.
- Proven track record of automating solutions at scale.
- Supporting and maintaining the technology stack used in our DevOps automation platforms.
- Reviewing existing processes and design automation incorporating business process improvements, re-engineering and delivering greater efficiency.
- Conforming to best practices to ensure automated software components are designed and implemented to a high standard.
- Proposing automation solutions to replace and improve on existing processes.
- Developing, troubleshooting and supporting orchestration workflows/layers.
- Working with project teams to turn infrastructure designs into automated solutions using the most appropriate automation platform/toolset.
Please contact Tom Elliott for immediate consideration or forward your CV for review to firstname.lastname@example.org