Principle / Lead Engineer (Java / APIs) - central London
My global market leading client who are driving solutions in cloud communication and telecom markets, are looking for a permanent Principle Engineer. Trusted by global, house hold names, my clients communication platform allows their clients to connect with their customers. They are now looking for a hands on Lead Engineer / Developer to lead the ownership and definition of their APIs across all of their products.
- Defining the overall API architecture and API design guidelines
- Working closely and collaborating with the relevant Engineering, Product and Developer Relations teams to make sure best API design is chosen.
- Lead cross functional collaboration.
- Potentially grow a team and manage it.
- Redefine API design process and API standards
- Audit our current API and drive improvements if/where needed.
- Consolidate acquired and current APIs to a coherent product offering based on product roadmap.
- Support the product roadmap for new APIs
- Experience working with public API definition and design. Familiar with cloud services and APIs.
- Polyglot hands-on developer/architect with experience working on both client and server side applications. (10+ yrs)
- Interest and enthusiasm for managing and developing a team and willingness to learn standard methodologies in management.
This is a new position within my clients organisation as they look to build and establish a new team with a clear remit to build the team out further. For further information and immediate consideration please send your CV to email@example.com