Location: Manchester (Remote Working)
As technical lead you will be responsible for leading the design and technical implementation of one (or more) of their products. The role oversees the engineering technical excellence of a cross-functional delivery squad, working closely with Software Engineers and Product Owners to ensure the delivery of high-quality products through the application of effective engineering techniques and tools.
In this role you will mentor other Engineers to raise agile engineering capabilities and take an active role in leading agile scrum ceremonies, emphasising the delivery of value add and quality for our customers.
- Works with senior technical leadership to shape the architecture and technical standards of our products.
- Monitors, troubleshoots, and improves security, stability, reliability, and performance of our products in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from implementation approach, testing, release, and optimisation.
- Collaborates with other engineers and technical leads across our product value streams and technical stack to deliver quality products and positive user experiences.
- Lead a ‘run what you write’ approach, encouraging the squad to have full ownership over the deployment and maintenance of their code.
- Conduct code reviews and deliver suitable solutions through the entire SDLC within the squad/value stream.
- Drives engineering best practice, identifying and leading the evolution of these practices across the delivery squad.
- Mentor new engineers joining the squad.
- Act as an Agile leader, living the principles of agile development, whilst being a role model for our technical and cultural values.
- Plays an active role in the agile software development approach; collaborating with technical discipline leads across the engineering function to define, document, implement and share best practice and standards.
- Undertakes other duties from time to time as required by the Principal Engineer
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, ideally AWS and/or GCP, along with essential DevOps principles.
- Experience in TDD, clean code and/or SOLID principles, continuous integration, and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Can perform to a high standard when given an elevated level of independence and autonomy.
- Able to mentor engineering professionals to increase capability and expertise within the squad.
- Can establish oneself as an engineering leader who can guide the team to ensure best practices and innovative approaches are taken.
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines, and quickly update stakeholders on impact (potential or actual).
- Strong influencing skills and ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences, clearly and concisely.
- Can effectively and expertly represent solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Can identify and balance quality of software with pace and in line with delivery expectations
If this opportunity is of interest or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on +44161 235 1671 or firstname.lastname@example.org