We are looking for a UX/UI Developer to help build and improve our clients web products. You will work with the UI/UX designer & development team, taking an active role ensuring their applications are front-end are performant, scalable and deliver a solid, pleasurable experience.
- Develop user interfaces and improvements to their suite of web applications with a primary focus on the main customer facing website
- Build/document reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise our front-ends for performance and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders, taking an active part in how they work.
- Adhere to processes and procedures but also contribute and feedback where improvements can be made.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proficient understanding of semantic web markup (HTML5, CSS3)
- Proficient understanding of CSS frameworks & architecture (Bootstrap, BEM etc.)
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of SASS/Pre-processers, Gulp, package managers (NPM) Angular (2+), Typescript, Git
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility and responsive design.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good understanding of SEO & accessibility principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
- Basic understanding of MVC architecture.
- Basic understanding of project management methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a desire to root out and fix issues permanently.
- Pro-active and tenacious attitude to learning and understanding their systems.
- Knowledge of Front-end testing & automation
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level education preferable.
- Understands competing objectives of commercial benefit and internal quality and when to make effective compromises.
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of projects.
- Logical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Highly motivated, flexible and organised, with an ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to adjust to different audiences.
- Ability to relate well to a range of people at all levels.
- Take responsibility for own work and maintain high personal and professional standards.
- Excellent time management skills - ability to effectively prioritise workloads and to meet business expectations.
- An enthusiasm for personal development - the desire to extend personal skill sets through continuous self-assessment.
- Adapts quickly to changing priorities and workloads.
- Recognises opportunities for improvement and uses initiative to introduce them.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Well organised.
- Team player.
There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner. The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.